WhatsApp Business API charges will be adjusted starting from June 1, 2023. Mainly, merchants who initiate conversations need to choose and pay different fees according to the template type (Authentication/ Utility/ Marketing); all users initiate conversations (i.e. Service Conversations) monthly The first 1,000 are free; the conversation window for free entry point conversations has been extended from the original 24 hours to 72 hours.
WhatsApp business functions have been fully upgraded! In today’s increasingly digital business environment, companies must keep their finger on the pulse of technology to expand market share and improve customer experience. As the leading social platform in Hong Kong, WhatsApp Business API has become the preferred channel for more and more businesses to interact with customers.
However, starting from June 1, 2023, there will be major adjustments to the pricing model of the WhatsApp Business API, which is an important change to pay attention to for businesses who want to take advantage of this communication platform. At the same time, this change can also greatly improve marketing performance and efficiency. In the second half of 2023, WhatsApp will gradually provide merchants with more tools and data to help improve conversation efficiency and conversion rates. Whether it is a conversation in the practical, marketing or service categories, merchants can view “Conversation Metrics” on the WhatsApp manager to quickly understand how messages are sent, read and the main reasons for blocking. In addition, marketing messages can also obtain data such as click-through rate, click-through rate, and media views, allowing merchants to easily evaluate the effectiveness of marketing activities.
If you want to know how to implement a complete marketing dialogue ROI measurement, we will also provide more articles to explain the complete guide in the future. Remember to keep up with the latest information from VIMOS!
Without further ado, this article will first take you through the latest fee changes of WhatsApp Business API to help you quickly master this most popular communication tool in the world.
WhatsApp Business API old charges
From February 1, 2022 to May 31, 2023, WhatsApp Business API charges are based on conversations. There are two pricing methods: user-initiated conversations and merchant-initiated conversations.
|User initiates conversationUser-initiated Conversation
|Merchant initiates conversationBusiness-initiated Conversation
|Customers proactively send messages to merchants, and merchants respond within 24 hours
|Merchants may proactively send messages to customers after 24 hours, and need to use template messages
|Approximately HKD $0.17 (USD $0.0224) per conversation
|Approximately HKD $0.58 (USD $0.0745) per conversation
*Charges will vary depending on the region where the phone number is used to send and receive messages. This article will help you learn more:2022 WhatsApp Business API’s latest pricing model benefits many merchants?
WhatsApp Business API new charges
According to Meta’s official news notification, whether you are a user using WhatsApp through BSP (Business Service Provider) / 360 Dialog or Cloud API, you need to pay attention to the following two timelines:
Details of changes on April 1, 2023
● Template category verification is now included in the template review process. If your template has the wrong category selected in the v16.0 creation/editing requirements or in the WhatsApp admin tool, it will be rejected by us.
● The first batch of template class transfer jobs to move old template classes to new classes and their results are now available for review.
● Update free period conversation limits for specific accounts. This change does not apply if you are an existing VIMOS customer and are managed by business solution provider 360 Dialog, or are not integrating enterprise content APIs through the services of a Meta partner.
● New reasons for template rejection are now available. The added reasons will be displayed in the template status webhooks and WhatsApp management tools.
● Template status webhooks now indicate whether the template was rejected due to misclassification.
● Any template that uses variables now needs to provide template variable examples.
● A new message template node field is now displayed on all API versions to indicate older versions of the template.
Details of changes on June 1, 2023
● The new conversation rates now apply to all businesses.
● Free period conversations include service conversations only. This requirement now applies to all businesses.
● Multiple different conversation sessions are now supported.
● Message status webhooks now include new pricing information.
● Conversation measurement data now reflects new template categories and pricing.
● All changes described in this document will now take effect on the enterprise internal API v2.45 version.
*For more information about the new pricing model changes, please refer toMeta official launch schedule.
As a merchant of WhatsApp Business API, you need to understand the following main points about the adjustment of pricing methods:
● Merchant initiates dialogue according to template type(Authentication/ Utility/ Marketing) Select and pay different fees, and the customer initiates a conversation Service.
● All users start conversations(i.e. Service Conversations) The first 1,000 per month are free, and additional fees are required.
● The conversation window for free access point conversations has been extended from 24 hours to 72 hours.Conversations are free for 72 hours after a customer clicks the call button in a Facebook or Instagram ad and sends a WhatsApp message.
|Customer initiates conversation
|Merchant initiates conversation
|service conversationService Conversations
|Marketing ConversationMarketing Conversation
|Customers proactively send messages to merchants, and merchants respond within 24 hours
|Such as order confirmation notifications and recurring bills
|Such as one-time passwords, account registration, account recovery and authentication notifications
|Refers to promotions or offers initiated by merchants, information updates, or messages inviting customers to respond/take action. *Any message that does not belong to Utility and Authentication belongs to this type of conversation.
|User: Want to inquire about registration activitiesMerchant: Event is fullUser: OK, thank you
|Merchant: We have received your fee, thank you for using our service.
|Merchant: Thank you for registering as a member. Your verification code is xxxx.
|Merchant promotes new products/new activities/early bird discounts
|Charges*(Effective from June 1, 2023)
|After more than 1000 free conversations, each conversation costs about HKD$0.17 (USD $0.0224)
|Approximately HKD per conversation$0.37 (USD $0.0472)
|Awaiting further information from Meta
|Approximately HKD per conversation$0.57 (USD $0.0732)
*Charges will vary depending on the region where the phone number is used to send and receive messages. Available atMeta official websiteSee more latest charges for other time zones.
All users receive 1000 Free Tier Conversations
As long as you are a WhatsApp Business API user, you can enjoy 1,000 free conversations per month.
It is very beneficial for merchants who need to save costs and improve efficiency. You can communicate and promote with customers anytime and anywhere without worrying about expenses. However, please note that free conversations are limited to “customer-initiated conversations”, except “merchant-initiated conversations”. At the same time, free conversations are only available to newly registered WhatsApp Business API users, regardless of how many mobile numbers are linked. And each account is entitled to 1,000 free conversations per month, recalculated on the first of each month based on the user’s time zone.
How to use WhatsApp free entry point conversation?
Want to chat with customers for free using WhatsApp? Now there is an excellent opportunity! Starting March 1, 2023, as long as you take advantage of
● Click to WhatsApp ads on Facebook and Instagram
● Or the CTA/call button on your Facebook page
Attract customers to initiate a WhatsApp conversation and complete the conversation within 72 hours, and you can enjoy the “Free Entry Point Conversations” offer. Meta will not charge any fees!
This feature is extremely helpful for increasing customer conversion rates and loyalty, and you can build relationships and trust with your customers when they are most interested.
As a WhatsApp Business merchant, you need to understand the following main points about the adjustment of pricing methods:
✅Merchant needs to select and pay different fees according to the template type (Authentication/ Utility/ Marketing) to initiate a conversation, and the customer initiates a conversation Service.
✅The first 1,000 conversations initiated by all users (i.e. Service Conversations) per month are free, and any additional conversations will be charged.
✅The conversation window for free access point conversations has been extended from 24 hours to 72 hours. Conversations are free for 72 hours after a customer clicks the call button in a Facebook or Instagram ad and sends a WhatsApp message.
💡We will provide you with the latest updates based on Meta policy changes. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via WhatsApp 📲+852 6081 8735 or follow the article link for more details:https://bit.ly/3FqJ6oZ